A late post about Athletics day

Hello again! It's nearing the end of 2017, and considering I didn't post about Athletics day, I think I will now.
When do we go over the hurdles?
Our Athletics day was on the 14th of November this year. It was almost cancelled half-way through, because it was looking rainy and if I remember correctly, there was a very light drizzle at some time. But it went though, although I was finding it a bit too cold and noisy at the end so I was sent to help in the staffroom.
Go everyone!
One thing from that day I will probably remember a while is high-jump. That high-jump was only the second time I had ever done it without knocking over the bar. Another reason I will probably remember it was because the mat was incredibly hot, so I always ended up rolling onto the red cushions beside it.
The runners look very small from here.


I think my group missed out on one thing because something else ran over time. I can't quite remember what it was, but I think it was trying to do the fitness trail (once reasonably accurately described in a building plan as 14 freestanding playgrounds). That was probably because the hand-bell (to avoid confusion, I think) only rang every 2 activities, for some reason.

The relays at the end of the day.
There was a points system, and whatever group got to most points won. It was a modified version of house points (whatever group got the most house points overall won). We were divided up into groups based on our age and gender, for example, 7 Year Old Boys, or 8 Year Old Girls.
I wonder if any balls flew onto any roofs.
Whatever group got the most points got ice blocks a couple of days later. Apparently the 10/11 Year Old Boys won and got the ice blocks. Feel free to comment. Bye!

Most popular posts!

Welcome back!

3 weeks - 3 things (Circuits, Geoboards, then Tech Challenge)

6 sentences writing - Where am I describing?

We're all going on a Summer (Learning Journey)!